Know Your Rights! Things To Keep In Mind When Dealing With Police
We rely on the police to keep us safe, but let’s face it: We can’t always rely on them to tell us our full rights. Here are a few things to keep in mind during your next run-in with the law:
1. A police officer on a horse cannot arrest or fine you if you are also on a horse.
2. If you challenge a cop to a race, he legally has to race you. If you beat him, you are the cop.
3. If you’re eating a bag of pretzels and pass by a police officer, you’re not obligated to offer him one, although it certainly would be a nice thing to do.
4. If you forfeit your right to remain silent, make sure you say “off the record” before revealing anything incriminating.
5. If you get arrested, ask to sit in the front seat. You’re not a fucking child and you deserve respect.
6. If you ask police officers if they’ve ever tried weed, they have to say “no,” but they can wink after saying it.
7. If a police officer asks to cut in while you’re dancing with a partner, it is legal for you to cut back in at the top of the next hour.
Continue reading via link below…