Robert Reich: The 7 Biggest Economic Lies Told By Right-Wing Media (VIDEO)
As the crucially important November mid-terms approach, Fox News and the rest of the right-wing propaganda machine will be working overtime to push their false and misleading talking points to their gullible audiences that are easily manipulated by the constant drum-beat of negativity and often conspiratorial nature of the narrative.
Former Secretary of labor and noted economist Robert Reich has released a video that reminds us that;
“…big lies start to be believed unless they’re rebutted with the truth.”
To that end, here are the 7 biggest lies that you will be hearing – watch the video to see and hear their rebuttals.
1. Tax cuts to the rich trickle down to the rest of us.
2. High taxes on the rich hurt the economy.
3. If we shrink government, we’ll create jobs.
4. Cutting the budget deficit is more important now than boosting the economy with additional spending.
5. Medicare and Medicaid are killing the budget.
6. Social Security is a Ponzi scheme.
7. It’s unfair that lower-income Americans pay lower level of income tax.
As progressives, it’s important that we work hard to debunk these lies, as they will be repeated over and over again by right-wing media. They depend on the fact that their viewers remain uniformed and it’s our job to make sure we help them WAKE. UP.